Tuesday, November 13, 2007

'Centered, Grounded, Guided.'

Well, I'm starting to write this at 3:39 AM. I am wide awake because, well, I am. Part of the norm and all. I just finished writing an email to a guy I have never met. I wrote to him because I want him to know his story is the same story a few of us have learned.
It goes back to my saying that history repeats itself, and unless you figure out what you are doing wrong, you are going to live it and relive it all over again. Once the situation becomes new, then you know you have successfully learned and moved on to the next level.

Not for some, though. I think that it is funny that there are completely irrational people that blame others for problems that are a chain of events initiated by their own egotistical reactions. We all have blamed someone for doing something 'on purpose (regardless of that person's true intentions), but once the situation is analyzed, one would usually realize that the initial effect is typically beyond all control. It's things like road rage, where not being aware of your blindspot might cause you to cut someone off. In retaliation, that person follows you, clinging to your bumper, swearing, making obscene gestures, and eventually driving you off the road. Your demise has barely satisfied their need to retaliate. That's irrational.

It's also a parallel to Psychological Projection, but that's a whole other rant.

In any case, the point that I'm trying to illustrate is that the deeply afflicted irrational do not move on. They brood themselves into nothing. Their hatred and malice eventually consume them. Those that do not express spite resolve themselves with apathy.

I don't know what's worse, to be consumed by your own bitterness, or wither away because you feel nothing at all.


So for all those who have recently (or ultimately) been wronged by an irrational monster, I wish you peace. It is the only way to conquer that which has no soul.

It is 4:51 now. I think I have attempted to write a relevant rant. If I have not succeeded, please send all comments to the complaint department. The will be promptly evaluated and responded to.

No comments: