Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The world stops buzzing for just a split second...

Today is the day, and I am complacent.

I spent most of my day in bed yesterday. I could not move, I felt like death. I tried to get out of bed and sat outside for all of 30 minutes, and I thought I was going to die...or go lose my mind, or something. I finally got out of bed at 6 or 6:30, I can't remember. Yes, that's PM. No, I wasn't asleep the entire time.

No one would ever know that I work 2 jobs when I tell them about that.

Today was pretty quiet. I started a snake sleeve thing. I can't wait to get to the meat of it. The Samurai sleeve is whipping along, I look forward to having healed pics of last week's sitting. I did a drawing tonight for some koi sonnovajawns, I can't wait to start that, even if the dude has some crap on his arm already.
I really have no plans for tomorrow. The Snark needs some lovin's, I'm waiting for Sebring parts, and there's a pile of wood outside that needs to be attatched in a cube format.

I should call TI and Visions tomorrow. I haven't talked to those guys in forever. Mojo did call me tonite, which was way cool. It was good hearing from him, but at the same time, makes me reconsider what I'm doing.

I like being in a studio that doesn't treat me like a one trick pony. I like not being yelled at for using 'too many supplies.' I like being in a place where I'm two minutes from most of my friends.

I don't like that my bad experiences have some how left me feeling out of tune with my inner being. I was a better artist when I couldn't tattoo, and for some reason, I feel less of an artist knowing how to tattoo.

I'm not miserable doing what I do, I just aspire to do many other things, regardless of their worth. Talking to Mojo didn't help much, and knowing the guys at BTM have felt the same way at some point doesn't make feel any different.

I took time off because I was really pissed off at being so blind. I silenced my sixth sense thinking that was how one is able to trust. Heh. Boy was I wrong...twice.

Well, three times, but the third had nothing to do with the tattooing thing.

I'm making a lot of paragraphs.
I like paragraphs.

Anyways. I do think that Larry and Kim are right. I've even thought about going back to school for, whatever. Ryan seems to be happy doing it. The most artistically intense I've felt was when I was in school, be it HCC and MICA. I'd like to go back, maybe. It's a thought I haven't really thought about.

This was kind of a downer post, even though I don't feel down. I feel pretty good, actually. A little tired, but you know. We insomniacs are always tired.
Well, goodnight, world, and all those beyond it!

No comments: